Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Award Travel Beginners

At the beginning of the year, I learned about the way to use credit cards to the extreme with the purpose of earning tons of points and miles through sign up bonuses to be used for travel.  Since then, I have just devoured the information out there on travel blogs to ensure that I am optimizing this technique.  Year to date, my wife and I over 455,753 points and miles, with 480,000 still that I am waiting to post.  I have been approved for 17 cards over the time and my credit score is still in the 800s.

My wife and I wanted to travel and this affords us the opportunity to do so for damn near free.  So far, we have used the points we have earned on the following redemption:
  • Hyatt House stay for 2 nights in New Orleans (me and my wife) - 24,000 points
  • Houston to Los Angeles on Southwest (me) - 18,000 points
  • Cash back for Cancun trip (wife) - $234
  • Houston to Hawaii in December 2016 on United - 70,000 points (hotel stay points needed not yet determined) 
These are the blogs which have greatly assisted in my education. So, if you want to get started with this these will help a lot.

I will continue posting on my experiences at award travel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC