Monday, August 15, 2016

The Celgene Trade Result

The Celgene (CELG) trade option ended this week and I am happy to say I earned 100% of that $80.49 as the price of $115 ended outside of my strike of $113.  So that premium, I have withdrew to my checking account, but this money is considered a short term gain where I will have to pay Uncle Sam 25% on next year.  Anyway, this is not a killing, but this is dinner and a movie money, grocery money, etc.  I will this trade on again if it is lucrative enough for the next week.  If I do this four times in a month that is $320 if I always finish outside of the strike, but even if I don't, my cash becomes stock and then I position to write covered calls for same type of premium possibly while I hold a long position in CELG.

Future options trades I have open are straddle on Harman (HAR) for $85 Aug16 expiration for $135 and cash secured put on Copa Airlines (CPA) for $75 Sep16 expiration for $104.49.   I will give the results of these once they expire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC