Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Ibotta


Ibotta

Based upon the popularity with readers of the blog How to Get Cash Back on Online Shopping, here is another "free" service named Ibotta, which I mentioned in blog Walmart Savings Catcher, that I use to get cash back on everyday purchases which I make at stores I shop at like (Walmart, Family Dollar, Sprouts Farmers Market, Jet, Target, etc).  I have to admit there are other categories like below which you can use Ibotta for as well; however, I have not exercised those options but will look forward to doing so in the near future.

Ibotta has an online website which you can login to; however, it only allows you to 1.) view and unlock item(s) which you can get rebates back on and 2.) view item(s) which deals you have unlocked.  In order to redeem those item(s), you must have the Ibotta app and a smartphone.  

Usually, I'll open the Ibotta app on the commuter bus on my way to work when I am planning to make a trip to the store to see what item(s) they have rebates on.  If they have products that I use on there, I will perform what they call unlocking the rebate feature, which once selected might require you to watch a very short video, or answer a poll question, or just see a recipe, but this can vary.  Unlocking the item(s) alone doesn't get you the cash back, you must also marry that with the purchase of the item(s) and a receipt as proof of purchase.  

So as a example, let's walk through the steps I do.  

1.  I unlock the rebate(s) by checking the plus sign, of the bananas, and doing the following:


A brief poll question pops up which answer to unlock the rebate


                                 The rebate is then unlocked

2.  I head over to and Ibotta supported store, in my case Walmart, to get a few items for the house, some of which are item(s) on Ibotta, like these bananas.

3. Once my shopping is completed, I head home and once there, I will first scan my Walmart receipt in Walmart Savings Catcher, I then open the Ibotta app and go under Walmart and click on unlocked deals with the price tag type icon at the top right of app screen.  


4.  I then have to scan the product barcode(s) of the matching item with the Ibotta app and/or scan the receipt where I purchased from if it doesn't have a barcode.  Once the item is verified, it goes off to be analyzed to release the rebate(s).  
                                          
                                           Verified item

Scanned receipt from Walmart


5. Once confirmed, you will get a a message like below and email notification that you received 'x' $'s back. 
                                         
                                          App notification


Email



6.  Cash back is put in your Ibotta account and can be redeemed once minimum of $20 is accumulated as cash (via Paypal or Venmo) or select gift cards (all not shown here)



That is how easy it is to get additional cash back on everyday purchases.  This can also be a powerful combination of stacking discount on top of discount for massive savings.  So, if I had a newspaper coupon on item(s) and those item(s) were on sale at Kroger for cheaper than at Walmart (see Walmart Savings Catcher) and Ibotta has a rebate, and I use a credit card that gets cash back at grocery store, that is 1  discount and 3 cash back rebates.  That is what I call making those dollars streeeetch!  Powerful stacking of savings and cash back and this adheres to a least two of the principals in "What makes you middle class and remain?".  

Ibotta is another tool for the toolbox to get you cash back on items you were planning to purchase anyway and streeeetch those dollar bills.  I mentioned one of the drawbacks earlier is you have to accumulate minimum $20 before they release money to you, but hey, you still earned it and it will be yours, so be a little patience.   I know we all like saving, I just showed you the way, so kindly visit my Affiliate and Referral link here and find Ibotta to sign up? 


Check out my video below on how I use Ibotta.  

 


PS:  Any readers who are currently using Ibotta, please share your experience by leaving a comment on this post.  Also please be sure share this content to your friends and family if you find it useful.  I thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC